“I’m proud of our city, respectful of how our past leaders have worked. I also believe voters deserve a fair and thoughtful campaign for mayor. Therefore, I’m committing to the same pledge as Ellen Glasser in this race.”Rick Carper, Candidate for Atlantic Beach Seat 1, Mayor
Fair Campaign Pledge
As a candidate running to be your Mayor in Atlantic Beach, I believe that the issues in this nonpartisan campaign should be openly and fully addressed in a fair, civil, professional and productive manner. Negative campaign practices only serve to create and exacerbate community divisions and divert attention away from the important issues affecting the future of our community and our families.
To this end, I am making a voluntary pledge of my intention to run a positive and professional campaign that is consistent with my vision for Atlantic Beach, even though applicable laws and regulations do not require that I do so.
Accordingly, I, Rick Carper, hereby voluntarily pledge to abide by the following ten principles throughout this campaign:
- I shall endeavor to run a positive campaign focusing on the issues important to our community as well as emphasizing my suitability and qualifications for the office.
- I shall at all times conduct myself professionally and in a manner endeavoring to set a positive example for our community.
- I shall not make statements that falsify, distort, or misrepresent facts, or approve the use of such statements in campaign materials.
- I shall limit any criticism of my opponent(s) to legitimate challenges of his/her record, suitability, qualifications, statements, and positions.
- I shall not publish, display, or circulate anonymous campaign literature or advertising, nor tolerate my supporters doing so.
- I shall request that my campaign supporters not interfere with the display of campaign signs or the distribution of campaign literature in support of my opponent(s).
- I shall not use or condone the use of any form of bigotry or prejudice in the campaign, especially when based on race, gender, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
- I shall not use or permit the use of malicious untruths or innuendos about the personal life or family members of my opponent(s).
- I shall not make or condone any unfounded accusations that discredit the credibility of my opponent(s).
- I shall strongly discourage any third party from attacking my opponent(s) with any information or materials inconsistent with the personal standards I have pledged above.
Supporting Local Business & Residents
As a candidate running for Mayor in Atlantic Beach, I also believe we should support each other as often as we can. Therefore, I will make this promise with regards to campaign funds donated and my time.
- I shall work with local vendors when possible to ensure campaign funds donated stay in the Atlantic Beach economy.
- If a business owned by an Atlantic Beach resident has a concern, I will be happy to meet with them to discuss.
- If a business operates inside Atlantic Beach or employs Atlantic Beach residents, I would also be happy to meet with them as well.
- If a local resident has a concern, they can email me at email@example.com. I will make myself available for in-person meetings as much as I can, and work to resolve these concerns.
I Want To Hear From You
I welcome any questions about this pledge, my campaign, or any issue affecting those who live in or are a part of Atlantic Beach.